- Contract: N00178-11-D-6519
- Period of Performance: June 28, 2011 - June 27, 2021
- Places of Performance: Zone 2, National Capital (Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, and the northern portion of Virginia)
- Current Task Orders: 0001
Points of Contact:
We help organizations manage the escalating volume of paper and electronic information and records, reduce storage costs, and minimize regulatory and legal risks. We provide clear, complete, innovative, and efficient approaches to all our projects.
Millican's services range from the assessment and strategic planning for the effective use of information and records; to the development, implementation, and maintenance of records retention schedules, uniform file systems, and other information and records management tools and functions; to the specification and roll-out of enterprise-wide integrated document and records management processes and systems. We have supported many cabinet-level Federal agencies, and Fortune 500 companies in the U.S. and around the world with the effective identification and management of their information and records.
Our Core Competencies:
- Assessing information and records management processes and functions for their effectiveness,
- Developing strategic and tactical plans for the integration of information and records management into your business operations,
- Identifying and establishing business rules for information and records management, and
- Assisting in executing the corporate and cultural changes necessary to implement a comprehensive information and records management program.
Millican has demonstrated experience and expertise in the following four functional areas:
- 3.12, Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) Support
- 3.18, Training Support
- 3.20, Program Support
- 3.21, Functional and Administrative Support
Department of Defense
- Records Management Services (Joint Staff/COCOM), functional areas 3.12, 3.18, 3.20, 3.21
Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Records Management Support, functional areas 3.12, 3.18, 3.20, 3.21
- National Name Check Program, functional areas 3.20, 3.21
- Conducting Systematic Historic Declassification Reviews, functional areas 3.12, 3.18, 3.20, 3.21
Administrative Office of the U. S. Courts
- Records Management Expertise, functional areas 3.12, 3.18, 3.20, 3.21
- Records Management Support, functional areas 3.21
Department of Energy
- Management, Organizational and Administrative Support, functional areas 3.18, 3.20, 3.21
- Recordkeeping Organization Plan (NREL), functional areas 3.12, 3.20, 3.21
- Records Management Support Services (Hanford), functional areas 3.12, 3.18, 3.20, 3.21
- Records Management Support (Environmental Management), functional areas 3.12, 3.20, 3.21
Department of State
- Records Management Support (Legal Adviser), functional areas 3.12, 3.18, 3.20, 3.21
- Records Conversion & Archiving (Real Property Management), functional areas 3.20, 3.21
Millican's total quality management program utilizes existing structured, quality processes for defining and organizing all elements of the program. Our overall management approach, described above, is based on defining clear and distinct activities and responsibilities, and incorporates quality control review and focused executive quality assurance oversight.
Our concept for Quality Assurance (QA) relies on sequential QA checks built into work processes, monitoring and recording performance of each team member, and our senior consultants using a mentoring approach to continually train and improve an individual employee's performance. Our QA process ensures product improvement by providing:
- Standard operating procedures that are updated to provide improved guidance;
- Continual progress and performance checks against performance metrics;
- Incorporating lessons learned; and
- Concrete action based upon this performance data to develop and incorporate additional training, improved supervision, re-allocation of resources, process streamlining, and performance tuning.
This allows us to ensure our quality standards and the Customer's quality expectations are met, while effectively coordinating, maintaining, and controlling program activities.
As an added feature of our quality management program, Millican provides overall quality assurance oversight by assigning a member of our senior management staff to ensure both our quality is integrated into the task plan, and to provide independent assessments to ensure quality standards and expectations are continually met throughout. Specific QA activities include an initial review performed after the first month of the program, and ongoing oversight and periodic audits of activities and deliverables, and reviewing and analyzing working papers, plans, and schedules. Results of QA oversight and audits are incorporated into the status reports.